Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Error from mpiexec - readv failed - errno 9 (Bad file descriptor)

Ramesh
Beginner

Hi,

I am running an MPI application using IntelMPI. I could run this application using 1process successfully. While running it with more than 1process I am getting the following error.

1: Fatal error in PMPI_Waitall: Other MPI error, error stack:
1: PMPI_Waitall(284)..................: MPI_Waitall(count=1, req_array=0x124fb350, status_array=0x1) failed
1: MPIR_Waitall_impl(121).............:
1: MPIDI_CH3I_Progress(720)...........:
1: MPID_nem_lmt_vmsplice_progress(327):
1: do_readv(151)......................: readv failed - errno 9 (Bad file descriptor)

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Ramesh----

0 Kudos
4 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Ramesh,

Can you provide a reproducer code?  Do you have Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector installed?  If so, please run with -check_mpi to ensure that your MPI calls are correct.

James.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Ramesh,

You sent me a private message, but I'm currently unable to get to my private messages, and only have the email notification.  Can you pinpoint the location of the segfault you are seeing?

James.

0 Kudos
Ramesh
Beginner

Hi James,

I resolved the segmentation fault using "-heap-arrays" option. But my program is executing very slowly.

Regards,

Ramesh

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Have you used either the Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector or Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE on it to pinpoint the problem area?

0 Kudos