Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Error message: control_cb (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:1151): assert (!closed) failed

L__Juan
Beginner

Hello, I have the following error message when I run my FORTRAN code on a HPC of my university:

[mpiexec@node0653] control_cb (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:1151): assert
(!closed) failed

I had my code attached. I can successfully compile my codes in debug mode without any error. Besides, I have already unblocked the stack size of my machine by adding in command line "ulimit -a unlimited." 

To replicate the error message, please use the attached makefile to built the program, keep all the .txt files in the same folder, and then in command line type "mpirun -np 32 ./main" to execute the program. Roughly after 5 to 10 minutes, you would see the unexpected termination of the program and the machine should issue the error message as seen above.

Please help me with the problem. Thanks.

Lee

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for providing the attached code.  I'm not able to compile it due to this error:

toolbox.f90(28): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [MKL95_PRECISION]
use mkl95_precision, ONLY: WP => DP

All the static libs you're linking with are there and the include paths are correct so that shouldn't be an issue.  I see some f95_precision.mod files under the Intel MKL directory but nothing that's called mkl95_precision.  Might help to know what version of MKL and/or Intel Composer you're using.

In the meantime, since this is a runtime error, it might be something to do with the system.  It'll help if you can provide debug output by setting the I_MPI_DEBUG env variable ("mpirun -genv I_MPI_DEBUG 6 -np 32 ./main").

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos