Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2161 Discussions

Has any one had the MPI 3.2.2.006 mpi_file_write_all error?

Terrence_Liao
Beginner
All,

I have a small testing code to test mpi_file_write_all and read all, it ran on PGI, but on Intel MPI, it fails.
Any clue? or parameters I need to set.

Thanks.

-- Terrence Liao
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Terrence,

Welcome to the HPC forums!

It would be great if you could provide some additional information about the failure. What exactly is the error you're seeing? Could you note your compile and run commands here as well? Thanks.

The Intel MPI Library is not a compiler so I'm not fully sure what you mean when you say "it ran on PGI, but on Intel MPI, it fails." What MPI implementation are you using for your PGI compiler? If it's Intel MPI Library, we don't support PGI by default, but we can provide you with a binding kit you can apply to your current installation that will enable that support. Let me know and I can provide that to you.

If not PGI, when running with the Intel MPI Library, are you using the Intel Compilers then? Again, your compile/link line would help here.

Finally, it would be great if you could provide your test code as well. If you're not comfortable sharing that here, go ahead and send it to me via e-mail. That way I can try running it locally.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
Terrence_Liao
Beginner
Problem gone after cluster reboot. -- Thanks.
0 Kudos