Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

Help with MPI abort message

Jack_S_
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to MPI usage and debugging.

I'm running the WRF model (Weather and Research Forecasting) and after some successful outputs (i.e., the model runs as expected) I get the following message from several nodes which causes the simulation to abort :  

[n18:mpi_rank_89][handle_cqe] Send desc error in msg to 101, wc_opcode=0
[n18:mpi_rank_89][handle_cqe] Msg from 101: wc.status=12, wc.wr_id=0xba31140, wc.opcode=0, vbuf->phead->type=0 = MPIDI_CH3_PKT_EAGER_SEND
[n18:mpi_rank_89][handle_cqe] src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2/ibv_channel_manager.c:587: [] Got completion with error 12, vendor code=0x81, dest rank=101
: Numerical result out of range (34)

Can anyone please share some information about this message ? How to dig deep into this error ? NOTE : I'm running the model with optimization -O3 ; running it with no optimization (-O0) the simulation doesn't abort at that point in simulation (though the simulation is extremely slow and was stopped by me). I'm using Intel Fortran compiler version  Version 14.0.2.144.

Any suggestions how to tackle this issue are extremely appreciated, thank you all in advance,

Jack.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dmitry_S_Intel

Hi,

Please submit ticket for Intel Fortran compiler at Intel(R) Premier Support https://premier.intel.com

--

Dmitry

0 Kudos
Jack_S_
Beginner

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for your replay.

I do not have accesses to Intel Premier Support. How should I proceed ?

Jack.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_S_Intel

Hi,

The best way to gen an access to Intel(R) Premier Support is to buy Intel(R) MPI Library.

The other way is to use evaluation license. Please get it at

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2163

and then submit ticket to Intel(R) Premier Support.

--

Dmitry

0 Kudos