Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Heterogeneous setup help

jimdempseyatthecove
Black Belt

I am trying to setup a heterogeneous MPI configuration and need some assistance. I've followed the instructions in the Intel(R) MPI Library for Windows* OS Developer Guide, section 5.5.

This is what I see

C:\Downloads\SANRAL\engineMPIOpenMPwithCrames\x64\Release>mpiexec -demux select -bootstrap service -genv I_MPIFABRICS shm:tcp -hostos linux -n 1 -host KNL hostname
Error connecting to the Service
[mpiexec@i72600K] ..\hydra\utils\sock\sock.c (270): unable to connect from "i72600K" to "KNL" (No error)

The Windows machine (i72600K is Windows 7, and it is configured as a WORKGROUP. The Linux machine (KNL) is configured without Domain controller. I also have a second Linux machine (Thor). I can run mpiexec as

Multiple ranks on i72600K
Multiple ranks on KNL
Multiple ranks on Thor
Multiple ranks on KNL + Thor

My issue is getting KNL + Thor + i72600K to work together.

Yes, I can ping cross systems And the MPI app, Windows variant, running as 1 or 2 ranks on i72600K (Windows) can connect to a MySQL database running on Thor (Linux).

The Window document (named above) may not be listing enough information as to what is require on Linux or Windows.

In a different documentation it states that the hydra service should be started with "-bootstrap ssh"?

Your help would be appreciated.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jimdempseyatthecove
Black Belt

I should add that I have run mpiexec -register and specified user name and password (edit) that I wish to use on the Linux system.

Note, because I am not using domain, for the account, I entered the user account only.

Jim Dempsey