Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2161 Discussions

I_MPI_STARTUP_MODE documentation is missing

rostov__ivan
Beginner

When trying the new release of Intel(R) MPI Library for Linux* OS, Version 2019 Update 3 Build 20190214 I has found that the enviroment variable I_MPI_WAIT_MODE is not supported anymore. The run-time diagnostics suggests  the new variable I_MPI_STARTUP_MODE as a substitute. However, I could not find any documentation on the new variable except the mentioning in the release notes that it was introduced. This is my notice to those people who in charge of the Intel MPI documentation.

While waiting for the documentation update, could anybody shed a light on possible values  for the new varaible I_MPI_STARTUP_MODE?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anatoliy_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I_MPI_WAIT_MODE variable was removed from Intel MPI 2019 and there is no other new variables with the same meaning and functionality. Since 2019 version MPI run time checks I_MPI_* variables for misprints and proposes the most similar variables in spelling. So, I_MPI_STARTUP_MODE is not substitute of I_MPI_WAIT_MODE variable. It is just the most similar variables in spelling.

I_MPI_STARTUP_MODE variable will be added to the documentation in Intel MPI 2019 Update 4.

--

Best regards, Anatoliy.

0 Kudos