Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Intel Arc Alchemist Cards

MWind2
New Contributor III

I hope Intel will have some sort of queue for OneAPI developers to get an Alchemist card from wherever. Otherwise, there may be an NVIDIA like problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @MWind2

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have an inquiry regarding Intel® OneAPI developers.

We have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

>>some sort of queue for OneAPI developers to get an Alchemist card from wherever. Otherwise, there may be an NVIDIA like problem.

Could you please elaborate more on this statement?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I am not sure whether it's production, scalpers or demand, but there has been no way to buy Nvidia 3060, 3070 or 3080 cards retail for at least 6 months excepting a few lucky few. EBay x3 prices.  I would hope Intel would come up with a plan where developers would be able to purchase one without direct competition with bulk buyers for all supply.

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

I could try to respond more aptly than Raja, but I'd surely fail, so I'll just quote him. I will add that my group is who he's talking about working hard on the path towards the mission; it's a big challenge but we're on it! Stay tuned and thanks for reaching out!

Raja Koduri on Twitter: "I am with you, @pcgamer. This is a huge issue for PC gamers and the industry at large. @IntelGraphics is working hard to find a path towards the mission - getting millions of Arc GPUs into the hands of PC gamers every year" / Twitter

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

>>Thanks for the consideration.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos