Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2158 Discussions

Intel C++ Compiler in HPC toolkit for OpenMP offload functionality

chang__tao
Beginner

Hello,

Recently I followed the guide on this website: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/openmp-50-target-with-intel-compilers to compiler OpenMP offload codes with icpc in OneAPI HPC Toolkit.

However, after the installation of OneAPI Base Toolkit and OneAPI HPC Toolkit, there are only icc and icpc compilers without -qnextgen flag. Instead, I found two compilers icx and icpx, which integrate the nextgen functionality.

I wonder if the compiler mentioned in the guide is icpx?

Thanks in advance.

Tao

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pradeep_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Tao,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are looking into this concern. We'll get back to you soon.

Regards,

Pradeep

0 Kudos
Pradeep_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Tao,

Please provide details of your environment in which you are working e.g. system configuration and operating system with it's version. These details will help us to investigate regarding your concern.

Regards, 

Pradeep

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Tao,

The compiler mentioned in the document is icc/icpc . You can use -qnextgen flag  with icc/icpc which then supports OpenMP target feature.

I have checked on the devcloud which has Beta3 version of OneAPI Base Toolkit and OneAPI HPC Toolkit installed , and both icc and icpc is working fine with -qnextgen.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks
Prasanth

0 Kudos