Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Intel Cluster Checker GUI

aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Hello,

We have installed Intel oneAPI Base toolkit and Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit in our operating system RHEL 7.7.

We are using Intel Cluster Checker 2021.2.1. 

Request you to help me with the following information:

1. Is GUI available for Intel Cluster Checker to view the real-time data or the data that will be updated in the GUI?

2. Are there any other external plugins for Intel Cluster Checker to view the data in GUI?

Thanks,

Aishwarya G.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If I am not wrong GUI is not available for Intel Cluster Checker. Regarding the external plugins for Intel Cluster Checker to view the data in GUI, we will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Hi @ShivaniK_Intel 

I am trying to run few commands to check how it's working.

I tried the below two commands for instance:

#clck -F mpi -f nodefile

#clck -F cluster -f nodefile

What I observed was that, whenever I run these above commands it takes longer time and also haven't had any success of viewing the result.

I have to again reopen a new session and try.

May I get some help regarding this? if this is system fault or what happens in the background which causes it to come to standstill after sometime?

Request you to try and please let me know.

Regards,

Aishwarya G

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Currently, there are no external plugins available for Intel Cluster checker GUI.

>>> whenever I run these above commands it takes a longer time and also haven't had any success of viewing the result.

Could you please provide us the error logs/screenshots?

Also please provide the interconnect details.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

aishwaryag10
New Contributor I

Hi @ShivaniK_Intel 

I will again rerun those frameworks and share it with you if error comes up.

I have 2 queries:

1. how can I make separate db files for every framework I run as it is creating same for any framework($HOME/.clck/2021.2.1/clck.db)

2. how to run multiple frameworks in one command?

Also there is a 2hr difference between the time displayed in "cat clck_execution_warnings.log" and "date" command output. Any idea on this?

Intel(R) Cluster Checker 2021 Update 2
16:33:00 May 13 2021 UTC
Nodefile used: nodefile1
Databases used: $HOME/.clck/2021.2.1/clck.db
[root@glchst-stxxxxxx ~]# date
Thu May 13 18:33:47 CEST 2021

Thanks,

Aishwarya G.

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

>>>how can I make separate db files for every framework I run as it is creating the same for any framework($HOME/.clck/2021.2.1/clck.db)

Separate db files for every framework can be created using the below option.

--db <path/mydb.db>

>>> how to run multiple frameworks in one command?

The below option can be used multiple times to specify multiple framework definitions.

-F mpi -F cluster

For detailed information, you can refer to the below link.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cluster-checker-user-guide/top/configuring-intel-cluster-checker.html

>>>Also there is a 2hr difference between the time displayed in "cat clck_execution_warnings.log" and "date" command output. Any idea on this?

As per the log provided by you, we have observed that the time zone is different in the "cat clck_execution_warnings.log" and "date" command output.CEST is 2 hours ahead of UTC. With these, we can say that time is the same in both the cases

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Could you please let us know if your issue is resolved? If yes, please confirm it so that we can close the thread.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos