Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Intel MPI 4.0.1 with OSC mpiexec unable to launch properly

slyleo
Beginner
Hi All,
I am willing to use OSC mpiexec on our cluster, as we had success with it with MVAPICH2, and Intel MPI's PMs don't work well enough in our PBS/Torque based environment.There is this relevant thread.
However, I wasn't able to run it successfully. The MPI process is launched with correct number of processes, on correct hosts, but the MPI processes don't see each other, run independently as if comm size is 1.
I am using Intel MPI 4.0.1.007 and OSC mpiexec 0.84. Tried with -comm pmi and -comm mpich2-pmi, same issue.
Thanks ahead for any pointers/help!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dmitry_K_Intel2
Employee
Hi Slyleo,

Unfortunately we don't officially support OSC's mpiexec. But you can try the following: set I_MPI_PMI_EXTENSIONS=on on your system. It should help you.

Regards!
Dmitry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
slyleo
Beginner
I just tested with earlier version, Intel MPI 4.0.0. To my (great!) surprise it works just fine.
0 Kudos
Dmitry_K_Intel2
Employee
Hi Slyleo,

Unfortunately we don't officially support OSC's mpiexec. But you can try the following: set I_MPI_PMI_EXTENSIONS=on on your system. It should help you.

Regards!
Dmitry

0 Kudos
slyleo
Beginner
That works! Thank you.
0 Kudos