Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Intel MPI Library Troubleshooting Guide

Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

The latest versions of the Intel MPI Library User's Guides have added an expanded Troubleshooting section.  It provides the following information:

• General Intel MPI Library troubleshooting practices
  • Typical MPI failures with corresponding output messages and behavior when a failure occurs
  • Recommendations on potential root causes and solutions

Here are direct links to these new sections:

We recommend taking a look there first if you're experiencing issues with the library.  PDF versions of the User's Guide are also shipped with the lntel MPI Library install package, under the documentation_2016/ directory.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Juan_Fernando_L_
Beginner

I am trying to launch an old c program developed for the intel / 860 but I do not know if there could be the MPI equivalent of the following functions:
crecv
gxsum
gsendx
irec
isend
msgcancel
msgwait

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Juan,

I'm not familiar with all the functions you list here but I can infer, based on their names, that quite a few of them would have MPI equivalents.  Some of the basic MPI functions are:

• MPI_Send: send a message from one process to another
  • MPI_Recv: receive a message from another process
  • MPI_Wait: wait on a particular message to be received before continuing with the rest of execution
  • and many others

I would recommend checking out the Lawrence Livermore National Lab MPI tutorial, if you want to get more familiar with programming using MPI.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
Victor_E_1
Beginner

The Linux link is broken. Please update.

0 Kudos