Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Intel MPI - Unable to run on Microsoft Server 2016

M__Abraham
Beginner

We are trying to run parallel on a single node using Intel MPI - 2018.0.124 and getting the following error. 

..\hydra\pm\pmiserv\pmiserv_cb.c (834): connection to proxy 0 at host XXX-NNNN failed
..\hydra\tools\demux\demux_select.c (103): callback returned error status
..\hydra\pm\pmiserv\pmiserv_pmci.c (507): error waiting for event
..\hydra\ui\mpich\mpiexec.c (1148): process manager error waiting for completion

We have checked hydra-service status and found that to be working. 

mpiexec also seems to be working ok. 

mpiexec -n 2 hostname - returns the localhost name

mpiexec -validate - returns success

We have also checked that the hydra service is running the version we want and it is the only version in the machine. 

Is there anything we can do to check why the runs fail?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anatoliy_R_Intel
Employee

Hello, 

Could you please add -localonly and -verbose options to your command line and send me all output? It may help to understand what happened.

0 Kudos
M__Abraham
Beginner

Hello, 

Sorry for the delayed reply. Please find attached the output. I must add that this happens only when we run more than 48 processors. The output is from a machine which does not have 48 processors. But we have run on a different machine which has 96 cores and it fails with the same errors there as well. 

Thanks,

Araham

0 Kudos
Anatoliy_R_Intel
Employee

Could you also provide your command line? Do I understand correctly that you specify each process through the colon like `mpiexec -n 1 <exec> : -n 1 <exec> : ...`? If yes, could you also try to combine these processes like `mpiexec -n 49 <exec>` if possible. 

0 Kudos