Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Intel MPI library

skiri5
Beginner

Dear, all. 
I can't handle the follow issue. I was linking GAMESS with intel mpi, and received the follow error massage: 
ld: cannot find -lmpigf 
ld: cannot find -lmpigi 
Please, help me solve this problem.

Before it I had installed Intel parallel studio.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yury_K_Intel
Employee

Hello Kirill,

I guess somewhere in your makefile or build scripts it is hardcoded linking with libmpigf library. It was renamed to libmpifort some years ago, libmpigf deprecated, we provided libmpigf symbolic link for backward compatibility purposes for some years, and starting Intel MPI 2019 we removed this obsolete symbolic link.

I encourage you to review your build scripts and update them appropriately. Alternatively you can create a symbolic link limpigf -> libmpifort in <impi_installdir>/mpi/intel64/lib.

--

Best regards, Yury.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yury_K_Intel
Employee

Hello Kirill,

I guess somewhere in your makefile or build scripts it is hardcoded linking with libmpigf library. It was renamed to libmpifort some years ago, libmpigf deprecated, we provided libmpigf symbolic link for backward compatibility purposes for some years, and starting Intel MPI 2019 we removed this obsolete symbolic link.

I encourage you to review your build scripts and update them appropriately. Alternatively you can create a symbolic link limpigf -> libmpifort in <impi_installdir>/mpi/intel64/lib.

--

Best regards, Yury.

0 Kudos
skiri5
Beginner

Hello Yury,

Thank you for your reply. The problem with libmpigf was solved because of your recommendations. But the trouble with libmpigi still exists. Can you make any suggestions, please. I can't guess new name of mpigi library.

Best regards, Kirill

0 Kudos
Yury_K_Intel
Employee

Hello Kirill,

There were no libmpigi.so dynamic library, there were only libmpigi.a static library which is now a part of libmpi.a. In your Makefiles or build scripts you can remove libmpigi.

Best regards, Yury.

0 Kudos
skiri5
Beginner

Thank you very much, Yury!

0 Kudos