Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Intel MPI -r option

Maik_Nijhuis
Beginner
Using Intel MPI 4.0.3.008 I want to run an MPI application that has a '-r' option at the command line. For example:
mpirun -np 42 ./foo.exe -r bar
When mpd.hosts is absent, or when mpd.hosts contains localhost only, this command works fine, and Intel MPI executes foo.exe. In other cases, it doesn't, and Intel MPI complains that it can't find the 'bar' executable.
It appears the mpirun script scans the entire command line for a '-r' option, which is incorrect, since it should leave the arguments behind the executable alone.
Could you please verify this issue, fix it in the next release, and/or provide a workaround?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
James_T_Intel
Hi Maik,

Thank you for reporting this. I will get a defect report submitted to correct this behavior. For now, you should be able to use mpiexec.hydra instead of mpirun to avoid the problem.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi Maik,

This is actually corrected in our Beta version. Would you be interested in joining the Beta program for the Intel MPI Library?

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos
Maik_Nijhuis
Beginner
Yes, please. Especially if the Beta version fixes bugs and improves performance, I'm interested in joining.
0 Kudos
James_T_Intel
Hi Maik,

I have sent the invitiation to the email address you have listed in your profile.

Sincerely,
James Tullos
Intel Cluster Tools
0 Kudos