Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2161 Discussions

Intel mpi cannot ssh to node (RHEL)

ViktorNazd
Beginner

Dear, all

I have a problem to make cluster computing on two nodes. I can did it easily on ubuntu. But the consumers need it on RHEL 7 and there I have some dificulties. With Intel mpi I get endless trying to use second node. I've tried mpich and it shows "Host key verification failed", but I'm sure it's set correctly: connection without password due to SSH can be reached, I checked known_hosts and key files and they are correct.

Does anybody knows what's the problem?

Kind regards,

Viktor

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know the steps you have followed including the interconnect hardware details being used for implementing cluster computing on 2 nodes using RHEL 7?

Also, could you please let us know which version of Intel MPI you are using?

>>With Intel mpi I get endless trying to use second node.

Could you please elaborate the above statement?

Could you please provide the results for the below two commands?

I_MPI_DEBUG=10 FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug mpirun -n 2 -ppn 1 -hosts node01,node02 hostname

clck -f hostfile -Fmpi_prereq_user

>>"I've tried mpich and it shows "Host key verification failed"

We can see that you are using MPicH. This forum is intended to support queries related to Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit and Intel MPI.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards

Varsha

0 Kudos