Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Issues with Intel MPI 4.0 Beta

crtierney42
New Contributor I
I am testing out the beta for Intel MPI 4.0. I am having a problem where my application (WRF V3.0.1) is hanging in MPI_Finalize when a large number of cores are being used (>1024). The OS is Centos 5.3 and I am using OFED-1.4.1.

Is the the right place to ask questions about the beta? If not, where is?
If it is, what options do I have for debugging so that I can gather up the right information for Intel developers?

Thanks,
Craig
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dmitry_K_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - crtierney42
I am testing out the beta for Intel MPI 4.0. I am having a problem where my application (WRF V3.0.1) is hanging in MPI_Finalize when a large number of cores are being used (>1024). The OS is Centos 5.3 and I am using OFED-1.4.1.

Is the the right place to ask questions about the beta? If not, where is?
If it is, what options do I have for debugging so that I can gather up the right information for Intel developers?

Thanks,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes, you can ask here or submit a tracker at http://premier.intel.com

Regards!
Dmitry

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - crtierney42

Hi Craig,

Enabling debug info for the Intel MPI Library would be helpful when submitting your issue. You can do so by setting the I_MPI_DEBUG env variable to 10 or higher:

$ export I_MPI_DEBUG=10

And go ahead and provide us with a full list of any other environment variables that you might be setting for the library.

Thanks for providing the OS and OFED distros. That's certainly helpful information. In addition, it'll be good to know the contents of your /etc/dat.conf file, since that's what the Intel MPI Library uses when running over OFED. Anything else, we'll ask you as it comes up.

If you'd like to keep some of this information private (this is a public forum after all), submitting through Intel Premier support, as Dmitry mentions, would be your best bet. Details on how that's done are availabe in the Release Notes for the product, under the Technical Support section, or available at this link. The product should be called Beta Intel MPI Library, {Linux*, Windows*}.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
crtierney42
New Contributor I

Hi Craig,

Enabling debug info for the Intel MPI Library would be helpful when submitting your issue. You can do so by setting the I_MPI_DEBUG env variable to 10 or higher:

$ export I_MPI_DEBUG=10

And go ahead and provide us with a full list of any other environment variables that you might be setting for the library.

Thanks for providing the OS and OFED distros. That's certainly helpful information. In addition, it'll be good to know the contents of your /etc/dat.conf file, since that's what the Intel MPI Library uses when running over OFED. Anything else, we'll ask you as it comes up.

If you'd like to keep some of this information private (this is a public forum after all), submitting through Intel Premier support, as Dmitry mentions, would be your best bet. Details on how that's done are availabe in the Release Notes for the product, under the Technical Support section, or available at this link. The product should be called Beta Intel MPI Library, {Linux*, Windows*}.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
~Gergana

Thanks for the information. I generated 6 MB of compressed data from using I_MPI_DEBUG, so I just submitted the ticket to Intel Premier.

0 Kudos