Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

KNOWN ISSUE with Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components

ChrisB_Intel

KNOWN ISSUE

On Microsoft* Windows*, the installation of Intel oneAPI Toolkits versions 2022.1 and 2022.1.2 and standalone components will fail using Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2022 version 17.1.x.

There are 2 possible workarounds, prior to installing an Intel oneAPI toolkit or component:

We are striving to provide a new release in the weeks ahead to address this installation issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GaryGrayOrlando
Beginner

The effect of not knowing this is devastating.... it completely broke my PC.. I had to restore the whole thing back to before I tried it with Acronis backup. I am now installing OneApi on VS 17.0.6 ( after 2 days trying to fix the 17.1.0 install I gave up ).

The question is now... once I have it working with 17.0.6 can I then upgrade to 17.1 ? or will I have to reinstall OneApi again and fail.

Gary

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

@GaryGrayOrlando - We don't have the patch yet, so I am unable to comment on what the process will look like.  

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Cameron
Beginner

It looks like this may be impacting older installers as well - IVF19 installer immediately closes. This feels similar to the problem that IVF15 had and required a manual file change after extracting.

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

New version was just posted live. You can find here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit-download.html

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos