Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

Linux Cluster with intel DQ35JO board and Core 2 Duo processor????? Is creating problem.....

Muhammad_Asif
Beginner
Hi,

I have designed the simple beowolf cluster of 16 nodes by using intel DQ35JO mother board and intel core 2 Duo processors. The problem is, i can't run the climate models on more than six nodes. When I start the model by using more no. of processors in mpd.hosts, it fails or don't give correct results. Moreover, simple mpi programs are working well with this cluster. Plz help me....

Best regards,
Asif
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Asif,

There are numerous causes for your application to not be able to run on your cluster. We certainly need more information regarding this issue (what software are you using - MPI implementation, compiler, libraries, etc; are you using an interconnect - IB, Quadrics, Myrinet, etc). Also information on the error or failure you're getting would be helpful.

If you believe this might be a software issue, I would suggest that you submit a bug report at the Intel Premier Support site at http://premier.intel.com.

Regards,
~Gergana

===================================

Gergana Slavova

Technical Consulting Engineer

Intel Cluster Tools

E-mail: gergana.s.slavova_at_intel.com

0 Kudos