Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Loading MPI environment

singh2299
Beginner

Before oneapi, following was used to load the intel libraries and compilers

source compilervars.sh intel64
source mpivars.sh
source mklvars.sh intel64

But now, the following has been recommended 

. /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

I am having some issues with the MPI library. I have installed the oneapi-hpc-toolkit. Do I need to source mivars.sh and mklvars.sh and if so what are their locations ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Manmeet,

In OneAPI you can source setvars.sh script and all the individual components of OneAPI will be loaded.

Once you have loaded setvars.sh, there is no need to source individual component scripts.

But if you want to load individual components, source the vars.sh under the env folder of that component.

Example for MPI it will be: <oneapi_install_dir>/mpi/latest/env/vars.sh

You have to install both OneAPI Basekit and HPC toolkits for MPI to work.

Let us know if you still face issues with MPI library.

Regards

Prasanth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Manmeet,

In OneAPI you can source setvars.sh script and all the individual components of OneAPI will be loaded.

Once you have loaded setvars.sh, there is no need to source individual component scripts.

But if you want to load individual components, source the vars.sh under the env folder of that component.

Example for MPI it will be: <oneapi_install_dir>/mpi/latest/env/vars.sh

You have to install both OneAPI Basekit and HPC toolkits for MPI to work.

Let us know if you still face issues with MPI library.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Manmeet,

Thanks for the confirmation.

As your issue has been resolved, we are closing this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth