Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

MPI_BARRIER

fnn
Beginner
I use vs2019 and parallel_studio
_xe_2020_edition on Windows 10. When I run the mpi fortran program,I found some problems.The function
MPI_BARRIER(MPI_COMM_WORLD) can not run in two computers. When the function MPI_BARRIER is executed, the program is no longer executed. However it can be run on one computer. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

HI,

Could you please let us know the error you were facing while using MPI_BARRER?

Please export I_MPI_DEBUG=10 while collecting the logs.

Also please mention which interconnect and the provider you were using.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
fnn
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your help.After I used the command -hosts 172.26.161.80,172.31.217.65 -n 4 -ppn 2 -env I_MPI_DEBUG=10 "$(TargetPath)",the program can run normally.The three images in the file are the results of the program and its execution.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

Glad your issue got resolved. It was not related to MPI_BARRIER but might be due to the command line you have used while trying to launch across multiple nodes.

Please let us know if you have any further questions else, we can close the thread,

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

Since your issue has been resolved can we close the thread?

--Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

We are closing this thread as your issue has been resolved and you haven't came back with any additional queries.

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos