Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

MPI_HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP issue is still existed.

mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

The version that I used :

Intel(R) MPI Library for Linux* OS, Version 2021.1 Build 20201112 (id: b9c9d2fc5)
Copyright 2003-2020, Intel Corporation.

I want to launch my application by the command :

mpirun -hosts master,node1 -np 8 IMB-MPI1 Reduce 

After I finish the cluster environment setup (including the password-less login for ssh setting ,the hostfile about the name of nodes,the /etc/hosts...) ,I still meet this issue. The error message is below:

[mpiexec@master] check_exit_codes (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/demux/hydra_demux_poll.c:117): unable to run bstrap_proxy on node1 (pid 345635, exit code 768)
[mpiexec@master] poll_for_event (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/demux/hydra_demux_poll.c:159): check exit codes error
[mpiexec@master] HYD_dmx_poll_wait_for_proxy_event (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/demux/hydra_demux_poll.c:212): poll for event error
[mpiexec@master] HYD_bstrap_setup (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/bstrap/src/intel/i_hydra_bstrap.c:772): error waiting for event
[mpiexec@master] main (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/mpiexec/mpiexec.c:1955): error setting up the boostrap proxies

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

I have found the solution to this problem.

This page can be used as a reference. https://np2lkoo.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/07/26/000431

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

I have found the solution to this problem.

This page can be used as a reference. https://np2lkoo.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/07/26/000431

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Yun,

Glad you have found the solution.

Let us know if you have any other queries. Else, we can close the thread.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

I have no more questions about that. You can close the thread.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Yun,

Thanks for the confirmation.

As the issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos