Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

MPI Library installation/configuration

mmascenik
Beginner

Hello,

I am attempting to configure the Intel MPI Library for Windows.  I downloaded the software and installed it.  In going through the prerequisites, it states to run the setvars.bat file.  After that, start/run the Hydra services.  I did this through Powershell and it states that it is running.  The last prereq is registering Windows creds.  I attempted to run this in PS, and it ran for about six hours with no output.  

I attempted to enable the toolkit at this point with no success.  Do I need to this credential process to complete? Should it take that long? Is there anything else that I can troubleshoot? Am I missing anything else to install/config?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nupur_K_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As this thread is related to MPI Library Configuration, we are moving this thread to the dedicated forum which handles the configuration issues for faster response.

Have a Good day!

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you let us know which version of MPI you have installed?

The MPI shouldn't take that much time for registering the credentials. There seems to be a problem here. Is your installation successful?

Could you once check whether you register in your command prompt instead of Powershell?

Could you test whether you are able to launch MPI:

mpiexec -n 1 hostname

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Micheal,

Once try mpiexec.exe -register and try to validate the credentials using mpiexec.exe -validate.

If you are unable to do neither please try reinstalling the HPC toolkit.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Micheal,

We are closing this thread assuming your issue has been resolved.

We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos