Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

MPI in C/C++ IDE for linux

jmknsd
Beginner
I am working with a professor who wants to parallelize her code with MPI to run on my (Linux)cluster, but has never worked without an IDE before and want me to find one, all I have found so far is a netbeans addon that I cannot get to work. Is there some glaringly obvious piece of software that I am missing?

Any suggestions about workflow or how to organize files is welcome.

--Jeremy
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Intel C++ professional comes with its own Eclipse GUI, and other C compilers do similar. The debugger provided with Intel C++ and Fortran uses Eclipse GUI. These don't pretend to be a Microsoft Visual Studio replacement, nor is Fortran editing well supported that way.
I haven't tried the SunStudioExpress NetBeans thing to be able to express an opinion on its GUI modes, though I have installed it and used it in the usual vim and command line way.
0 Kudos
jmknsd
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Intel C++ professional comes with its own Eclipse GUI, and other C compilers do similar. The debugger provided with Intel C++ and Fortran uses Eclipse GUI. These don't pretend to be a Microsoft Visual Studio replacement, nor is Fortran editing well supported that way.
I haven't tried the SunStudioExpress NetBeans thing to be able to express an opinion on its GUI modes, though I have installed it and used it in the usual vim and command line way.

I have ordered the intel cluster toolkit compiler edition(Academic version), through my schools IT, so it probably hasn't been ordered yet. Is this something that I get access to from that, or does it require an additional purchase?

I'll poke around the website some more and see what I can find, and thanks for the response.
0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Quoting - jmknsd
I have ordered the intel cluster toolkit compiler edition(Academic version), through my schools IT, so it probably hasn't been ordered yet. Is this something that I get access to from that, or does it require an additional purchase?

The Intel Cluster Toolkit Compiler Edition does include both the Intel C++ and Intel Fortran Compilers. So you should be set to go.

If you'd like to try it out before buying, you can download a copy at the product website:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-cluster-toolkit-compiler/

Hope this helps,
~Gergana
0 Kudos