Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

MPI redistribution

jvandeven
New Contributor I

Hi,

I recently adapted an application that I have been developing to run using the Intel MPI API.  I make this application available to third-parties for use, and am uncertain how to redistribute the mpiexec hydra application.  I found this thread on the forum, but it does not indicate what is involved in implementing the redistribution, and I am not sure if the detail on that thread remains current (from a legal perspective).

Many thanks for any advice you might have,

Justin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Mpi run time installer should be available without paid license.  Together with the compiler redistributable, this should allow use of an application you have built with the full development mpi.

That other post referred to agreement that you could bundle the mpi runtime installer in your own distribution as an alternative to directing people to get it themselves from Intel download site.

0 Kudos
jvandeven
New Contributor I

Many thanks for the detail - I will start with pointing toward the MPI run time installer, and see how things go from there.

0 Kudos