Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

MPI registration failed - An Attempt Was Made to Access a Socket in a Way Forbidden

Johan02
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

I had been using a program that utilizes multiple processors to run a simulation. When trying to run the former simulation, I am prompted to provide my user credentials. However I am met with an MPI registration/socket error  after entering them, seen in image 1.1.JPG

I opened the command prompt as admin and used the code:

mpiexec -register

to register and then mpiexec -validate to check, but was still met with the MPI registration/socket error in image 2. I would appreciate any assistance
3.JPG
regards,
Johan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know the Intel MPI version you are using? 

Could you please provide us with the CPU, hardware, and interconnect details you are using?

Please find the below link where you can find the steps for setting up the windows cluster

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/training/micro-cluster-setup-with-intel-mpi-a-stepwise-guide-to-setting-up-the-smallest-windows.html

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide an update on your issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
Johan02
Beginner

Hi Varsha,

Apologies for the delayed response. I will provide details of my pc soon.

I ended up installing windows 10, then reinstalling the program with admin rights. It seemed to have worked and resolved the issue

regards,
Jo

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end? 

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos