Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
1830 Discussions

MPI strtok_r () from /lib64/libc.so.6

leonard
Beginner

Hello,

When I use intel mpi mpiexec (which /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.7.259/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpiexec) with mpi compilervars.sh setup (/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.7.259/linux/bin/compilervars.sh intel64) I get "Program received signal SIGSEGV", Segmentation fault from     0x00007f26188aff62 in strtok_r () from /lib64/libc.so.6.

The program is using hello world from test.c supplied with the intel install.

If I use mpich with test.c (compiled using intel mpicc -o test test.c )  I get no errors running the test program.

I have disabled the firewall, and by commenting code, I know the program crashes at MPI_Init (&argc, &argv); Looking online, I see comments indicating strtok_r () cannot handle NULL, but replacing argc and argv with values didn't help.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm using compilers_and_libraries_2017.7.259 running on Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2.

0 Kudos
0 Replies