Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

MS VS 2019 MPI integration issue - include paths

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Playing around with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Cluster edition on Windows with MS VS 2019

The Solution has a Fortran PROGRAM project, and an Intel C++ static library Project

Selecting: Intel Performance Libraries, there is no single entry for "Use MPI Library" (without MKL) but one can select under Intel Math Kernel Library, Use Intel MKL=No, Use MPI Library=Intel(R) MPI.

One would expect that #include "mpi.h" would have the include path configured properly, but it does not. I have to explicitly add an include path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\mpi\intel64\include

By doing so, my C++ static library builds (finds the #include "mpi.h"). This is problematic in that the property page for include paths must get updated each time I update the compiler.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Jim,

Instead of providing an absolute path which will change when you update the compiler.

You can use  $(I_MPI_ROOT)\intel64\include. 

For more information refer to this link 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/mpi-developer-guide-windows-configuring-a-visual-studio-project

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Jim,

Does changing from absolute path to I_MPI_ROOT work?

Could you please confirm, so that we can close this thread.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Yes it does.

Thanks

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos