Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Missing hostname or invalid host/port description in business card

StreamAzure
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Intel 2022.1.2 on CentOS 7 and trying to run the MPI tests in the path intel/oneapi/mpi/latest/test on two machines but having the problem as follows:

$ export I_MPI_CC=icx
$ mpiicc test.c
$ mpirun -np 2 -ppn 1 -hosts host01,host02 ./a.out 
Abort(1614991) on node 0 (rank 0 in comm 0): Fatal error in PMPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(143)........: 
MPID_Init(1310)..............: 
MPIDI_OFI_mpi_init_hook(1953): 
MPIDU_bc_table_create(320)...: Missing hostname or invalid host/port description in business card

And it can run without `-ppn`, but all processes will be executed on the first mechine that `-hosts` identifies. For example, if I run `mpirun -np 2 -hosts host01,host02 ./a.out ` on host02, both 2 processes will be executed on host01.

I also tried `mpirun -np 2 -ppn 1 -hosts host01,host02 hostname`. It worked successfully and the two hostnames are printed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mok

0 Kudos
1 Solution
StreamAzure
Beginner

We made adjustment on our cluster and it seems that something has been fixed. Now it works successfully as expected.

I guess the problem is caused by some bad wires in the machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StreamAzure
Beginner

We made adjustment on our cluster and it seems that something has been fixed. Now it works successfully as expected.

I guess the problem is caused by some bad wires in the machine.

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thanks for sharing the solution with us. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos