Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Missing mpii compiler commands

Vassilicos__Achilles

Hi everyone,

New on this forum, and looking for some help.

I have installed the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux* (update 4) but I am missing the mpi compiler commands, mpiicc, mpiicpc, mpiifort. Executing mpivars.sh does not make a difference. I seem to have the mpi libraries but not the mpi compiler commands.

A google search showed that the compiler commands are available only in the Intel® MPI Library Software Development Kit (SDK), which I am unable to locate.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Achilles

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vassilicos__Achilles

Problem solved!

I case someone else runs into the same issue, here is what I found.

Although the page for the Intel MPI library states that it is included with Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux* (update 4), it only includes runtime libraries and commands but not the SDK. The standalone MPI library includes the SDK, so the library needs to be installed afterwards. The MPI library is free and I had some difficulty finding it.

0 Kudos
Yury_K_Intel
Employee

Hello Achilles,

You need to download and install Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition or Intel(R) MPI Library standalone package.

--

Best regards, Yury.

0 Kudos