Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Multiple Versions of Intel MPI Library Runtime on one machine

adambruss
Beginner

Hi Intel we appreciate all the time and effort you put into your products. We have a question about installing multiple versions of the Intel MPI Library Runtime Environment on one machine.

How can one have multiple versions of the Intel MPI Library Runtime Environment installed on the same machine? We are asking because some versions of our software use 4.0 and some use 4.1. In the near future another version may use 5.0. There seems to be a conflict because the Windows services all use the same name. 

Thanks for the great products,

Adam Bruss

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Adam,

We appreciate your appreciation :)

The following article on "How to Handle Different SMPD versions on a single Windows machine" might help a bit in your query.  Of course, SMPD is being deprecated but the general tactic will be the same.

Let me know if this answers the core of your question.  We can look at creating a similar article for the Hydra service on Windows.

Best regards,
~Gergana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Adam,

We appreciate your appreciation :)

The following article on "How to Handle Different SMPD versions on a single Windows machine" might help a bit in your query.  Of course, SMPD is being deprecated but the general tactic will be the same.

Let me know if this answers the core of your question.  We can look at creating a similar article for the Hydra service on Windows.

Best regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos
adambruss
Beginner

Thanks Gergana or should I call you Ada? :) That does answer my question.

0 Kudos
adambruss
Beginner

Hi Gergana,

Could you please create the similar article for the Hydra service? It would be useful to us. Also what about running versions of the Intel MPI Runtime that use Hydra and SMPD on the same machine? Is there an article for that? Are there any conflicts there?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hey Adam,

I'm working with the team on a similar article that outlines the Hydra process on Windows.  I'll link to it here once it's live.

That's a good question on running Hydra and SMPD on the same machine.  I don't know of anything significant that would cause major issues but let me check with the team.

~Gergana

0 Kudos