Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

No Intel MPI for macOS in OneAPI HPC Toolkit?

ccyang
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of the Intel OneAPI Base+HPC Toolkits for my MacBook Pro (intel). However, I found that no MPI Libraries was included in the distribution for macOS.  I have the latest macOS Monterey 12.1.

Does anyone know the reason why MPI is not included for MacOS, even for Intel-based Mac's?

/CC

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, Intel MPI is not supported for MacOS. Hence, not included in the HPC toolkit distribution for MacOS. But if required there are other MPI implementations that support MacOS with Intel oneAPI, including MPICH2 and OpenMPI.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, Intel MPI is not supported for MacOS. Hence, not included in the HPC toolkit distribution for MacOS. But if required there are other MPI implementations that support MacOS with Intel oneAPI, including MPICH2 and OpenMPI.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
ccyang
Beginner

Hi Varsha,

It is too bad.  I hope Intel MPI will be included in the MacOS distribution of oneAPI.

Thank you for the reply, though.

Sincerely

CC

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As of now, Intel MPI is not supported on MacOS. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos