Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

OFED Q and Deciphering the contents of /etc/dat/conf

drMikeT
New Contributor I
Hello I have installed Intel MPI both V4.0.0 and V3.2.2 on an Nehalem QDR IB Cluster (fabric is Voltaire GridDirector 4700).

We are using RHEL and CentOS 5.4 with OFED 1.4.2. Is there any issue with staying with 1.4.2 or should we move to OFED 1.5.0? Or shou;d we wait unti 1.5.1 is out?

Another question I have relates to how IMPI interfacs wirth the underlying OFED stack. I couldn't find info on the ref manual. How is the contents of /etc/dat.conf interpreted ?

thanks and sorry for the many Qs.

Michael
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dmitry_K_Intel2
Employee
Hi Michael,

It seems to me that OFED 1.5.1 has been released. I'd recommend to use the latest one because the newest version has some bug fixes which can be quite important for you.
In release notes you can see that OFED supports Voltaire switches but there is no information about exact model.

Intel MPI Library reads /etc/dat.conf line by line and tries to use the first available device. If don't want to use for example the first device you can just comment ('#') the first line in dat.conf and iMPI will not try to use it.

I hope this helps.

Regards!
Dmitry
0 Kudos
drMikeT
New Contributor I
Thanks Dmitri ... I used the

export I_MPI_DAPL_PROVIDER=ofa-v2-mlx4_0-1

to point to the uDAPL provider and it worked.

sorry for not replying earlier

Michael
0 Kudos