Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Problem with NFS Over RDMA on OmniPath

Chulho_K_1
Beginner
I have been trying to setup NFS over RDMA on OmniPath following instruction in official document. IPoIB works fine, but I cannot get NFS over RDMA working. I have modified /etc/rdma/rdma.conf and added NFSoRDMA_LOAD=yes NFSoRDMA_PORT=2050 I have also loaded appropriate modules ( sunrpc on the client, xprtrdma on the server). However, the NFS mount fails (connection refused) when using RDMA to mount, note that it works fine if I do not specify rdma. It appears that the 2050 port for NFSoRDMA does not get created, when I do rpcinfo from the client to examine the server I see ports 2049 for nfs, but nothing for 2050. This is on CentOS 7.4. Any ideas/suggestions what may be wrong?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chulho_K_1
Beginner

I think I have solved the problem:

I had to execute the following (in addition to the official instructions) to make this work:

rdma 2050 > /proc/fs/nfsd/portlist

This is on CentOS 7.4

0 Kudos
Kumar__Amit
Beginner

Dear Chulho K

Can You Guide me how to configure omnipath nfs setup on both server and on client side with step by step i am new to this technology and what type of software requirement on both side..

One more question what is the correct way to configure openmpi and mvapich2 with omnipath

Please provide me suggestion 

i will be gladful to you and intel Team

Regards

Amit 

0 Kudos