Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2161 Discussions

Program launched with mpirun does nothing

Miguel_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a program (myprogram.exe) that I run with Intel MPI through a queue system (Slurm). This program runs perfectly in some of the nodes, and it does nothing on the rest of the nodes: no program output, no MPI initialization output. I've checked process running when I launch it on different nodes. In the nodes where it works, I can see only one "pmi_proxy" process. In the nodes where it doesn't work I can see (ntasks +1) pmi_proxy process, where ntasks is the number of tasks for mpirun. In the nodes where it works after starting the pmi_proxy, the n myprogram.exe. start. In the nodes where it doesn't work after starting the (ntasks +1) pmi_proxy it blocks.

Any suggestion?

Regards, 

Miguel

0 Kudos
1 Reply
James_T_Intel
Hi Miguel, That sounds like mpirun isn't working correctly with SLURM*. Please run again with [plain]-verbose -genv I_MPI_DEBUG 5[/plain] and attach the output as a file (or send it to me directly if you'd prefer it stay private). Sincerely, James Tullos Technical Consulting Engineer Intel® Cluster Tools
0 Kudos