Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahul_S_4
Beginner

SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred - VASP

I have been trying to run VASP in parallel. But I am having running it in parallel on more than one computing nodes. It runs perfectly fine on one node but when I increase the number of nodes, the simulation crashes. I have gathered all the possible information from the execution and MPI calls with these options of mpirun: -v -check_mpi -genv I_MPI_DEBUG 5. The resulting information is in the attached files.

Please see if you can figure the exact problem and help me to sort out the problem. I will really appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I moved this over to the Clustering forum where MPI experts can have a first look.

Artem_R_Intel1
Employee

Hi Rahul,

As far as I see there's a message "RLIMIT_MEMLOCK too small" in the out.txt - this means that current system limits (mainly 'max locked memory') are insufficient.

You can check the system limits with 'ulimit -a'. You need to set 'max locked memory' to 'unlimited' (administrators permissions and cluster reboot may be required).

You can find the similar example in the Intel MPI Library Troubleshooting Guide.