Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Segmentation fault with ifort -openmp

inkant
Novice

Processor info : Intel dual processor, quad code

Memory : 16GB

I have been able to compile and run my code in the serial mode. However, after including 'omp_lib.h' and with Openmp worksharing constructs, I get Segementation fault, which happens even if I remove the worksharing constructs. i.e

The program runs with ifort < > -o <>

failes with ifort -openmp <> -o <> (Even after commenting(removing) the OMP pragmas)

I have tried increasing environment variable KMP_STACKSIZE, but that is not help ful.

Inkant

0 Kudos
2 Replies
inkant
Novice
Quoting - inkant

I am replying to my thread Since I found the solution

It was a stack overflow.

I could remedy it by using

ulimit -s 2048000 (you can choose an appropriarte) number ... then changing the same in /etc/security/limits.conf (to have it changed permanently).

then export KMP_STACKSIZE=2048000000 (i chose very high value, since it is only a limit)

Processor info : Intel dual processor, quad code

Memory : 16GB

I have been able to compile and run my code in the serial mode. However, after including 'omp_lib.h' and with Openmp worksharing constructs, I get Segementation fault, which happens even if I remove the worksharing constructs. i.e

The program runs with ifort < > -o <>

failes with ifort -openmp <> -o <> (Even after commenting(removing) the OMP pragmas)

I have tried increasing environment variable KMP_STACKSIZE, but that is not help ful.

Inkant

0 Kudos
dan0112
Beginner
That solved my problem, thanks so much!

Running Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 1 on an Ubuntu 10.10 32bit system with 4 GB Ram.
0 Kudos