Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Segmentation fault

jja1
Beginner

Dear all

Issue with  mpirun excuting applicaciom compiled with Intel tools (Icc, mpiifort...)

(/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.1.217/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpirun)

Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault: address not mapped to object at address 0xd8)

Is there available any option for debugging or logging?

Any help will be really aprreciated

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>> "Issue with mpirun excuting applicaciom compiled with Intel tools (Icc, mpiifort...)"

We have attached a sample mpi hello world program. Could you please try and let us know whether you are able to run sample hello world program without any issues?

Could you please provide us the sample reproducer code and the steps to reproduce the issue to investigate more on it?

>>>"Is there available any option for debugging or logging?"

Yes, you can use the options I_MPI_DEBUG=<any postive integer> and FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug while running a MPI program.

Could you please provide the complete debug log by setting I_MPI_DEBUG=10 and FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug ?

For example:

I_MPI_DEBUG=10 FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug mpirun -n <number-of-processes> -ppn <processes-per-node> -f <hostfile> ./a.out

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>> "Issue with mpirun excuting applicaciom compiled with Intel tools (Icc, mpiifort...)"

We have attached a sample mpi hello world program. Could you please try and let us know whether you are able to run sample hello world program without any issues?

Could you please provide us the sample reproducer code and the steps to reproduce the issue to investigate more on it?

>>>"Is there available any option for debugging or logging?"

Yes, you can use the options I_MPI_DEBUG=<any postive integer> and FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug while running a MPI program.

Could you please provide the complete debug log by setting I_MPI_DEBUG=10 and FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug ?

For example:

I_MPI_DEBUG=10 FI_LOG_LEVEL=debug mpirun -n <number-of-processes> -ppn <processes-per-node> -f <hostfile> ./a.out

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
jja1
Beginner

Very usefeul.A library was not supported in the software version

Best Regards

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting the solution.

>>>Very usefeul.A library was not supported in the software version

We didn't understand your statement. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Do you still face any issues? If yes, could you please elaborate your above statement? Else, could you please confirm whether we can close this thread from our end.

Thanks,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We are closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Hemanth.

0 Kudos