Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2158 Discussions

Shipping products with intel Open MPI

PSE
Beginner

One of our developers has asked me a question:

" We have an application that contains a component that uses the Intel MPI library.  In terms of installing our product, we would also like to install the Intel MPI run-time components so that our customers do not have to do this manually.  Are we able to do this by simply packaging the Intel run-time installer within our installer?

Our specific question is can we ship our product with the Intel Runtime Installer,(not the Development Library installer) included within our installation package, such that we may call the Intel Runtime installer as part of our installation process.

"

Regards

Tomasz Skowwron

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tomasz,

Reading through the EULA will certainly help.  Additionally, we have an Intel MPI Licensing FAQ you might find helpful as it talks about how to bundle our Intel MPI runtimes with your application.

Generally, if you have a full license for the Intel MPI Library, you're allowed to bundle any of our redistributable components as listed in the redist.txt or redist-rt.txt files.  You should not need the installer if you're already bundling the Intel MPI scripts in your code.  You can also ask your customers to download and install the complete Intel MPI runtime package that we distribute for free from our site.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
~Gergana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Andrey_C_Intel1
Employee

Tomasz Skowwron,

You've posted your question on the wrong forum. Could you please move the question to more appropriate location, e.g. Intel HPC and Cluster forum?

Regards,
Andrey

0 Kudos
PSE
Beginner

The question does not relate to anything that the HPC forum relates to....

0 Kudos
Andrey_C_Intel1
Employee

Was the question about MPI? The link I posted is about MPI, that is why I thought you need to move your question there.

- Andrey

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Hello Tomasz,

It looks you have mixed up MPI and OpenMP standards(specs). This is a technical forum for open source version for OpenMP runtime library.

It is better to check with your lawyer how to ship Intel MPI runtime with your application.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The companion licensing forum may be able to help by pointing out the relevant published licensing terms.

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tomasz,

Reading through the EULA will certainly help.  Additionally, we have an Intel MPI Licensing FAQ you might find helpful as it talks about how to bundle our Intel MPI runtimes with your application.

Generally, if you have a full license for the Intel MPI Library, you're allowed to bundle any of our redistributable components as listed in the redist.txt or redist-rt.txt files.  You should not need the installer if you're already bundling the Intel MPI scripts in your code.  You can also ask your customers to download and install the complete Intel MPI runtime package that we distribute for free from our site.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos