Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2153 Discussions

Trace Collector not Capturing OpenMP regions!!!

HPC_SHIDUR
Beginner

Dear all

I am trying to collect the data from my  hybrid code and analyze with ITAC. However, the Trace collector is not recording OpenMP regions of my code at all even though I have switched on  -tcollect in my makefile for compilation. The commands I have used is as follows:

IN MAKEFILE FOR COMPILATION:

CFLAGS = -Wall -Wshadow -std=c99 -O3 -qopenmp -tcollect -g #-march=core-avx2 -mtune=core-avx2 -g

CC = iccc
MPICC = mpiicc
LDFLAGS = -qopenmp -tcollect #-L /opt/local/lib/mpich-devel-clang80/ -L /opt/local/lib/ #-lefence #-lprofiler #-l efence

SET UP ENV VARIABLE:
 export OMP_NUM_THREADS=4
 export VT_PCTRACE=5

RUN THE PROGRAM with -trace :
mpirun -genv VT_LOGFILE_FORMAT=SINGLESTF -trace -n 8 ./speed_test_diracoperator -i ./speed_test_diracoperator.in

Could anyone  please give me information about this problem?

The figure below shows that the OpenMP section is 0 sec 0%:

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 17.47.06.png

Regards,

Shidur Rahman

A PhD student at Plymouth University UK

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are working on it and will get back to you soon regarding your issue.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
HPC_SHIDUR
Beginner

Dear Shivani,

Thank you for your response.

Regards,

Shidur

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue.

We have reported this issue to the development team, they are looking into this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for sending us your Feature Request for the Intel ITAC. We have decided to close this issue at this time since it is clear that we will not be implementing this particular request in the near future. Your request will be kept on record in our database. We will continue to review this request and all other feature requests each year during planning for the next major release of the product. Your feedback and suggestions are important to us.

Thank you for sending us this request to improve our product.

Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos