Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2161 Discussions

Trouble installing Intel MPI in a docker container

jefffaust
New Contributor I

I've been trying to get Intel MPI installed on top of a windowsservercore base image. The MPI installer fails during installation of studio_common_libs_p* sub-installation.

I've attached the logs, but the relevant error is:

WixCreateInternetShortcuts:  Creating IUniformResourceLocatorW shortcut 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018\Online Service Center.url' target 'https://supporttickets.intel.com'
WixCreateInternetShortcuts:  Error 0x80040154: failed to create an instance of IUniformResourceLocatorW
WixCreateInternetShortcuts:  Error 0x80040154: failed to create Internet shortcut
CustomAction WixCreateInternetShortcuts returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

This looks related to creating a URL shortcut and searching around suggests it's because Explorer is not part of the image. I certainly don't need these shortcuts. All I need is a minimal installation so that I can use MPI from withing the container. I don't need any development support headers or libraries, etc.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Jeff

0 Kudos
0 Replies