Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Using Hydra with Intel MPI

paul_romano
Beginner
I'm having trouble using the Hydra process manager with Intel MPI. I'm using the version of Intel MPI distributed with Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011. When I run anything with mpiexec.hydra, I get the following error message:

bash: /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.0.084/mpirt/bin/intel64/pmi_proxy: No such file or directory

Any advice on how to get Hydra working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_K_Intel2
Employee
Hi Paul,

It looks like Composer XE 2011 doesn't have all needed files for mpiexec.hydra. pmi_proxy has to be in mpirt/... directories. Strictly speaking Composer XE uses mpi library internally and calls mpdboot,mpiexec. This approach should work fine.

You can download RT version of the Intel MPI Library from: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mpi-library/ - it's free of charge.
Choose "Resources" tab and find "Downloads" -> follow the link for your platform.
This package should contain all needed files. You can install it into another diretory and either copy pmi_proxy file or just overwrite the whole directory.

Regards!
Dmitry
0 Kudos