Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Using mutlipe nics

bowserjs
Beginner
Hello All

I am using mpi 3.1 and was wondering if there is a way to set up mpi so that it will use multiple network ports when i do an mpi_send...

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - bowserjs

I am using mpi 3.1 and was wondering if there is a way to set up mpi so that it will use multiple network ports when i do an mpi_send...

MPI 4.0 (beta due in November) should support use of multiple ports per node by splitting messages, a strategy which has been effective for messages > 2KB in some past installations. As InfiniBand is in general use where such capacity is in demand, the reduced performance of current dual port IB adaptors is an obstacle.
0 Kudos
bowserjs
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
MPI 4.0 (beta due in November) should support use of multiple ports per node by splitting messages, a strategy which has been effective for messages > 2KB in some past installations. As InfiniBand is in general use where such capacity is in demand, the reduced performance of current dual port IB adaptors is an obstacle.

thank you for the information, sounds like i will have to wait until the beta
0 Kudos