Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2159 Discussions

Where can I download earlier versions of Intel MPI?

maartenb
New Contributor I

I'd like to be able to build 32-bit versions for my Intel MPI applications. Since 5.1 Intel MPI no longer supports this. In the release notes for 5.1 it is suggested to stick to 4.1, but I cannot find out where to obtain this.

thanks,

Maarten

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

We no longer support MPI 4.1 and 5.1, hence you cannot find archives of their installations.

We will contact our internal team regarding the 4.1 package and get back to you.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

Thank you for your interest. While we do keep some older, unsupported versions of Intel® MPI Library available on Intel® Registration Center, we only keep a limited number of installers available. Please see https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-supported-and-unsupported-product-versions.html for detailed information on supported and unsupported versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE and included components.

Thanks and Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
maartenb
New Contributor I

I looked at the available downloads but the oldest available release is 2018 update 2. From what I can see 5.1 predates release 2017. In other words, 4.1 is not available and there is no possibility for building 32bit programs with Intel MPI. Is this correct?

Best,

Maarten

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

Yes, that is the information I got from internal teams.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but IMPI no longer supports 32bit.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

Since your question has been answered, can we close this thread?

You can reach out to us if you have any further questions.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
maartenb
New Contributor I

Yes I have another question. During installation of Intel MPI it seems that 32bit is supported; see picture below, checkbox "IA-32". Is this a mistake?

Best,

Maarten

maartenb_0-1598380932143.png

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

The IA-32 option is an artefact of the installer, which in a generic sense provisions 32-bit option for other components.

In theory, this option shouldn’t appear for IMPI installer, but it does.

Currently, this issue is considered low exposure and low customer impact and as a result, may not be fixed soon.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

Since all your questions have been answered, can we close this thread?

You can reach out to us if you have any further questions.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
maartenb
New Contributor I

Yes, you can close this thread.

Maarten

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Maarten,

Thanks for the confirmation.

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos