Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Where is uninstall.sh file in the MPI 5.1 distribution?

Rashawn_K_Intel1
Employee

I installed MPI 5.1.0.38 on July 16 this year, but I did not install it correctly.  I want to uninstall it, but I can't find the uninstall.sh script referenced in the Intel® MPI Library for Linux* OS Installation Guide: "To uninstall the Intel® MPI Library, go to the Intel MPI Library installation directory and run the
uninstall. sh script."  I am not sure how to uninstall the software without the script. I will appreciate any assistance in helping me find this script.

Thank you,

Rashawn Knapp

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hey Rashawn,

I didn't want to believe it but you're indeed correct - our new version does not have an uninstall script.  At least not in any place I looked at.  It seems like the new procedure is to simply run the install.sh script again.  It will detect that Intel MPI is already installed and will ask you:

This product is already installed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation program has detected that at least one component of the product is 
already installed. Select one of the following options to continue: 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Modify the installation [default]
2. Repair the installation
3. Uninstall the product

h. Help
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 

Just select #3 here to uninstall or #2 for repair.

I'll submit a bug to our documentation team so that the install guide is updated properly.

Thanks for letting us know!

~Gergana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hey Rashawn,

I didn't want to believe it but you're indeed correct - our new version does not have an uninstall script.  At least not in any place I looked at.  It seems like the new procedure is to simply run the install.sh script again.  It will detect that Intel MPI is already installed and will ask you:

This product is already installed
Installation program has detected that at least one component of the product is 
already installed. Select one of the following options to continue: 
1. Modify the installation [default]
2. Repair the installation
3. Uninstall the product

h. Help
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 

Just select #3 here to uninstall or #2 for repair.

I'll submit a bug to our documentation team so that the install guide is updated properly.

Thanks for letting us know!

~Gergana

0 Kudos
Rashawn_K_Intel1
Employee

Gergana,

Thank you - that resovled the issue.

Rashawn

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks, Rashawn!  I also submitted a documentation bug - hopefully this will get updated in our next version.

~Gergana

0 Kudos