Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

can not find mpiicc mpiifort in Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition

zhijian_f_
Beginner

Hi, All,  when i  finish the install of  Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2016.

I can not find the mpicc and mpiifort.

the OS is ubuntu 14.04.

$ ls
cpuinfo           IMB-MPI1  mpd            mpdboot     mpdcheck.py     mpdcleanup.py  mpdgdbdrv.py  mpdkilljob     mpdlistjobs     mpd.py          mpdroot    mpdsigjob     mpdtrace.py  mpiexec.hydra  mpitune      mtv.so hydra_nameserver  IMB-NBC   mpdallexit     mpdboot.py  mpdchkpyver.py  mpdexit        mpdhelp       mpdkilljob.py  mpdlistjobs.py  mpdringtest     mpdrun     mpdsigjob.py  mpicleanup   mpiexec.py     mpivars.csh  pmi_proxy hydra_persist     IMB-RMA   mpdallexit.py  mpdcheck    mpdcleanup      mpdexit.py     mpdhelp.py  

Could you give me some suggestions, Thanks!

zj fu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Artem_R_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

It looks like you've installed only Intel® MPI Library Runtime Environment (RTO) but you need Intel® MPI Library Software Development Kit (SDK) - there should be separate component inside Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2016.

See Intel® MPI Library for Linux* OS User’s Guide / chapter "3. Installation and Licensing" for details.

0 Kudos
Artem_R_Intel1
Employee

BTW which license do you use?

0 Kudos
zhijian_f_
Beginner

Hi, Artem,

I use the a education free license.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Zj fu,

I checked your licenses registration in our internal database but I only see 1 valid license under your email address currently.  And that license is for the "Intel® MPI Library Runtimes Environment for Linux*".  As Artem mentions, that product only contains the runtime components of the library and does not include our compiler wrappers like mpiicc and mpiifort.

If you'd like to get the full product which includes the compiler wrappers in order to build an MPI application, you need to get a license for the "Intel® MPI Library for Linux*" (full package) or for the "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux*" products.

I hope this helps.  Check back with the person who provided the education free license to you and make sure it's correct.  Alternatively, you can send me the serial number for this free license in a personal message (please do not post your serial number here since this is a public forum) and I can look it up internally.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos