Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2154 Discussions

eclipse 2020-09 integration with oneapi icpc SETVARS_CONFIG

MWind2
New Contributor III

I had this working before when profile.d script, but I kept getting complaints about not re-running, and I took it out. No I get "Script setvars.sh not found." when starting eclipse. I have tried several etc/environment SETVARS_CONFIG but not one that works and still get error. SETVARS_CONFIG="/home/opt/intel/oneapi" , plus a "/" and "/setvars.sh". I still get error in eclipse, CentOS8. No build. (The "home" exists because I had to install there as I had not partitioned "/" with enough space.)

Now in terminal if I "source ./1apil.sh", 1apil.sh="source /home/opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh" and launch eclipse from terminal, all is fine. What am I missing to get the SETVARS_CONFIG to work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MWind2
New Contributor III

Upon further reading I see I was not attempting to use SETVARS_CONFIG to customize, but to run setvars.sh. Perhaps a better question is how to make eclipse run setvars.sh on startup? 

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I chose to put a " . ./apil.sh" in .bash_profile where apil.sh is "source /home/opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh" This seems to get done what I need for now.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Malcolm,

Glad you have found a way to work.

But please refer to this article (Automate the setvars.sh Script with Eclipse* (intel.com)) for the exact steps to be followed for automating setvars script in Eclipse.

Let us know if you still getting errors after following the steps.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Malcolm,

We haven't heard back from you.

Did you find the steps useful? If you need any help or have any questions, please let us know.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Malcolm,

We are closing this thread assuming your issue has been resolved. Ee will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos