Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths

ab1
Beginner

hi

I am compiling a source code not developed by me but is available freely.  Hence I am not expert in the internal functioning and intricacies. Being an end user, my purpose is to compile and run.

My ubuntu is 18.04, ifort  19.0.4.243   and codes use parallel support/ mpi, 64 byte interface.

my compilation using mpiifort leads to following errors

/source/mpi-ci-diag/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90(57): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [SLEPCMATRIX_MODULE]
    use SLEPCMatrix_module,               only: SLEPCMatrix, initialize_slepc
--------^
/source/mpi-ci-diag/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90(58): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [SLEPCDIAGONALIZER_MODULE]
    use SLEPCDiagonalizer_module,         only: SLEPCDiagonalizer
--------^
/source/mpi-ci-diag/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90(62): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [SCALAPACKMATRIX_MODULE]
    use SCALAPACKMatrix_module,           only: SCALAPACKMatrix
--------^

source/mpi-ci-diag/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90(57): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist or is not accessible.   [SLEPCMATRIX]
    use SLEPCMatrix_module,               only: SLEPCMatrix, initialize_slepc

compilation aborted for /source/mpi-ci-diag/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90 (code 1)
source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/build.make:158: recipe for target 'source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90.o' failed
make[3]: *** [source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90.o] Error 1
source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/build.make:174: recipe for target 'source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90.o.provides' failed
make[2]: *** [source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/Modules/Dispatcher/Dispatcher_module.F90.o.provides] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1119: recipe for target 'source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [source/mpi-ci-diag/CMakeFiles/mpi-scatci.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:140: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

i found out Dispatcher_module.F90.o is not created. however many other .o files are created in different folders. what is the source of this error ? is it that i am missing some paths/ include statements/libraries in environment settings ? in my bashrc file , i have mentioned following settings.

source /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpivars.sh
   source /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019/linux/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

source /opt/intel/parallel_studio_xe_2019.4.070/compilers_and_libraries_2019/linux/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
    source /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64 ilp64 mod

i have not linked any mpi libraries/ include commands. whereas i am using miifort in compilation

any help will be highly appreciated. pl don't mind I am not an expert in this field.

thank you

ab

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi ,

• This error occurs when the module file you are using in a code is not pre-compiled or is unavailable when running the code.
  • The message "Error in opening the compiled module file" means that the compiler can not locate the .mod file. For example , the Foo.mod file is expected when compiler encounter "USE Foo" in a source file.
  • Add the *.mod file to the appropriate include path if you found the module path

or

check if you have the source file for the  SLEPCMATRIX_MODULE and  compile it along with the Dispatcher_module.f90 file.

Please let me the know if you any further queries.

Thanks

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

Have you tried with the given steps, is the error resolved?

If not please let us know the status.

Thanks 

Prasanth

0 Kudos
ab1
Beginner

Mr Prashant

In continuation to above post, i explored a bit further . I require arpack, PETSc and SLEPc files the commands to be used for compiling as given in mannual are

ulimit -s unlimited

~/Desktop/JUNK/ukrmol-in-3.0-march-16/build$ cmake -D CMAKE_C_COMPILER=$(which icc) \

-D CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS="-mkl=cluster -i8" \

is coming from mkl=cluster ..... if i use only mkl, the codes are compiled

If i use mkl=cluster i get the above message

i am unable to understand the root cause.

can you pl enlighten me more on issue

ab

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi

The  CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS is being used as an input to the Fortran compiler and the Intel Fortran compiler links MKL libraries when you give -mkl flag.

You can give 3 types of arguments to the -mkl flag as per your requirements. The cluster argument tells the compiler to link cluster-specific libraries and the sequential libraries in the Intel® MKL

Check below link for more info

https://software.intel.com/en-us/fortran-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference-mkl-qmkl

Could you please mention the error you are getting while running with mkl=cluster?

If the error looks something like this :

ld: cannot find -lmkl_<cdft_core>

You can group the libraries and include them while running the code as mention in the below link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl-linux-developer-guide-linking-with-intel-mkl-cluster-software

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you need any help.

Also if your initial query is resolved please raise a new thread for further questions.

Thanks

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

Have you tried with the given steps, is the error resolved?

If not please let us know the details.

Thanks 

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

We are closing this assuming your problem is resolved.

Please raise a new thread if you face any further issues.

Thanks

Prasanth

0 Kudos