Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

how to track license usage?

Mindy_P_
Beginner

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way to track license usage with the Intel Cluster Toolkit? In the lmgrd.intel.log, there's the following disclaimer at the top:

12:16:58 (lmgrd) -----------------------------------------------
12:16:58 (lmgrd) Please Note:
12:16:58 (lmgrd)
12:16:58 (lmgrd) This log is intended for debug purposes only.
12:16:58 (lmgrd) There are many details in licensing policies
12:16:58 (lmgrd) that are not reported in the information logged
12:16:58 (lmgrd) here, so if you use this log file for any kind
12:16:58 (lmgrd) of usage reporting you will generally produce
12:16:58 (lmgrd) incorrect results.
12:16:58 (lmgrd)
12:16:58 (lmgrd) -----------------------------------------------

So, if lmgrd.intel.log isn't the right place to look for usage info, what is? I know I can get it through lmstat -a, but that's just real-time info. I want to track historical usage (e.g., a list of all people using the toolkit, how often they use it, etc.).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chuck
New Contributor II

Hello,
As far as I know, there isn't a way to track historical usage. The lmstat -a is the only method and as you mention, it's real time usage.
I will check and make sure.

Chuck
0 Kudos
Chuck
New Contributor II

As a followup to my previous reply, I have consulted our FLEXlm experts, and the only way to trackusage is using lmstat and it works in real time. The log file has a list of all the check-ins and checkouts along with which user from which system used a license. You could write a tool which can parse this info from the log file and generate appropriate usage detail.
0 Kudos