Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

mpi on Vista 64 mapped drive

johnappleyard377
Beginner
Running on a shared memory machine, and in a current directory j:\myprog - where J: is mapped tp c:\users\john\documents, I discovered that all the mpi instances report the current directory as c:\windows\system32. After some hair loss, I tried switching to the canonical directory - c:\users\john\documents\myprog - and it works. It also works if I use -wdir to specify the canonical directory, but not if I use the mapped drive with -wdir.

Is this a bug?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee
Hi johnappleyard377,

I would suggest using the -mapall version for the Intel MPI Library for Windows*. This should create the user-mapping of the C:usersjohndocuments on all nodes of the cluster. There are no arguments for this option, simply add "-mapall" to your mpiexec command line:

mpiexec -mapall j:myprog

More info is available in the Intel MPI Library Reference Manual available in the docfolder.

Regards,
~Gergana

===================================
Gergana Slavova
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools
E-mail: gergana.s.slavova@intel.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee
Hi johnappleyard377,

I would suggest using the -mapall version for the Intel MPI Library for Windows*. This should create the user-mapping of the C:usersjohndocuments on all nodes of the cluster. There are no arguments for this option, simply add "-mapall" to your mpiexec command line:

mpiexec -mapall j:myprog

More info is available in the Intel MPI Library Reference Manual available in the docfolder.

Regards,
~Gergana

===================================
Gergana Slavova
Technical Consulting Engineer
Intel Cluster Tools
E-mail: gergana.s.slavova@intel.com

View solution in original post