Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

mpicxx and icpx?

vanderwb
Novice

I've just installed the 2022.1 release of both the Base and HPC toolkits, and I've noticed that mpicxx does not seem to support icpx:

[16:22] intel$ mpicxx -cxx=icpc -o test hello.cpp
[16:22] intel$ mpicxx -cxx=icpx -o test hello.cpp
Error: unsupported compiler name 'icpx'.
Check -cxx=<compiler_name> command line option and I_MPI_CXX='icpc' and MPICH_CXX='' variables.

mpiicpc does seem to support both, but many application build systems expect to use the generic mpicxx wrapper. Meanwhile, the problem does not exist for C code, which makes me think that this was an oversight:

[16:21] intel$ mpicc -cc=icc -o test hello.c
[16:21] intel$ mpicc -cc=icx -o test hello.c

A quick inspection of the wrapper itself shows that the case statement does not have a statement for icpx.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have reported this issue to the concerned development team. They are looking into your issue and will get back to you soon after fixing your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. The issue raised by you has been fixed in Intel MPI 2021.6 version(HPC Toolkit 2022.2). Please download and let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos